Tuesday, July 18, 2006

misc.

First of all, for all my readers who have ever gotten a parking ticket in Erie (which is pretty much everyone who has ever driven in Erie), apparently the city wasn't the only one getting rich over alternate side parking and zealous checking of meeters.

I went on an interview the temp agency set up today. I don't know why I went. Even if I didn't just get an offer, I can't afford to work for $10 an hour and no benefits. Anyway, I interviewed with th owner of the company, and her dog bit my ankle. She only broke the skin a little, but was my bad ankle and it really hurts now. Think I should sue?

My first paycheck will be August 17th. That's not such a good thing, but I'll manage. I'd manage better if gas wasn't almost $3 a gallon. Fortunately, the office isn't real far away from my apartment. I'm still hoping my unemployment will come through soon. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'm going to go to the office and see if I can figure out what is going on.

Oh, and just one more note...I hate, hate, hate fruit flies. They still haven't caulked where I can see daylight above my front window, and my apartment is full of fruit flies. No matter how often you take out the garbage, spray, and everything else, you can't get rid of them. They are of the evil one.

No comments: