Wednesday, July 26, 2006

A Dream?

A days ago, I either had a brilliant inspiration or a great dream. I was going to write a really cool book that had something to do with the Psalms. Of course, I didn't write the brilliant idea down either after I woke up or after I thought it up, so I have no idea what the brilliant idea was now. I hate it when that happens.

At first I thought it had something to do with rewriting the book of psalms, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even dream about that. I love the Psalms just the way they are. Why mess with a good thing?

But really, I think the idea was to take each of the Psalms and write some kind of reflection or essay that fit with the Psalm. The thing is, I'm pretty sure it's been done before, and by better people than me. But at the time, whether it was in real life or in a dream, it seemed like such a brilliant idea.

I can't wait until Monday. You know you've been off work too long when you can no longer distinguish between a dream and reality

Still no word on the unemployment front, but they haven't processed my claim for this week, so I take that as a good sign. I hope I hear something tomorrow. I really need to get out of the house and stop eating tuna. I've had it three days out of the past five (the other two were mushroom soup and stirfried vegetables). I only have one can left, of course, so it won't be forever.

Hmm...maybe the eating once a day thing is why I'm so tired lately. Or it could just be simple boredom. Hmm. Something to consider.

No comments: