Wednesday, July 26, 2006

And Let Me Just Say...

I am having a really good hair day, and no one has seen it. Is there anything more depressing?

I may be going to a funeral tomorrow. The person I was closest to at the CCC's parents were killed in a car accident in New Orleans. The funeral is tomorrow. Someone else from the CCC invited me to go, but I can't decide. I'm still uncomfortable with that place and those people. But maybe this can be a step toward reconciliation of some kind.

The funeral is in a funeral home, not a church, because their church was destroyed by Katrina. Still, it will be a mass, and I am afraid about questions/perceptions if I don't take communion. Personally, I wouldn't think it would be a big deal if I could. I still believe that Christ is present in the bread and wine. The only thing is a difference of opinion about how He got there. And I believed what I currently believe for all those years I was Catholic.

But by the same token, I wouldn't want to offend anyone by participating in the Eucharist. And I don't know how to handle all those questions that are sure to arise on the long drive to New Orleans about where I am worshipping now.

If I had enough gas in my car, I would drive myself. But I don't, and I'm not sure when I will be able to put gas in, or I would try to bum the money.

Life is just too complicated. Even on a good hair day.

No comments: