Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Damn, I'm Good

Found the black jacket. It is dusty and dry clean only, however, so it looks like I am not wearing it tomorrow.

I just went through a box of stuff in search of professional writing I might have hidden from myself (I do that sometimes). I didn't find any, but I did find the notebooks from theology classes I took a couple of years ago. I took horrible notes, but I did some fantastic writing during those classes. I needed to see that. I needed to remember that I have talent.

Speaking of which, I have a little message to all the Hollywood script development people who read this blog (because there are sooo many of them). Instead of continuing to make movies out of mediocre TV shows (just saw a commercial for the Miami Vice movie coming out sometime - didn't really pay that much attention), or remaking mediocre movies, or remaking classic movies into mediocre ones, I will sell you the plot outline of the Great American Novel for $100K., no strings attached except for a writing credit. It is original - how many scripts have you read tht feature a gay priest who is actually commited to his vocation and is not a pedophile, a dead drag queen, a hippie neighborhood association president, a catfight, and lots of bathtubs. Tell me you read that in a script somewhere this year.

OK. I'm going back to try to find my macaroni and cheese now. I was really looking forward to having that for dinner. Sigh.

No comments: