Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I had the most amazing carrot cake at lunch today. It was warm, and moist, and just sweet enough, and the cream cheese frosting was divine.

We took Boss out to lunch as part of his birthday celebration. The big part comes on Friday. It was an expensive lunch, but so incredibly worth every penny. I had a shrimp poboy, the best fries I ever had, and then the five of us split three desserts - dark chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream, the carrot cake, and key lime pie. Yum.

I have to admit thought, that I was just a little ticked when we split the whole bill evenly. My meal cost $3-$4 less than everyone else's. I know it isn't much of a difference in the long run, but still. But I was only a little ticked. And considering I was sitting at a table full of people with English degrees trying to figure out how to add in a tip and split the bill four ways, I really, really can't complain.

No comments: