Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Chicken review

It's not bad - really. It is tender and moist, but it is kind of bland. Also, I cooked it for the minimum time in the cookbook, but it absolutely fell apart when I tried to take it out of the crock pot. For as often as I make a whole chicken, I don't see this taking the place of roasting.

I do have a tip on the stuffing, though. I followed the directions on this, and it was easy for stuffing from a mix, but so much better.

Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a skillet or saucepan (the saucepan is neater, I think). Saute one small, diced onion and three, diced celery stalks (or buy creole mix at the grocery store so you don't have to do any work at all - it also has green pepper) for about...5 minutes. Throw in four cups of stuffing mix (that is a whole canister of Stove Top), and mix it up. Then throw in enough chicken broth to moisten up the stuffing. It tastes so much better than regular Stove Top, and doesn't really take any longer.

So Christmas dinner was good, overall. Plus, I had pancakes for lunch. It doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: