Sunday, December 16, 2007

And another thing...

I skipped church this morning on purpose. I was tired, and this morning was all about the Sunday school Christmas program. It's the third Sunday of Advent. I want actual, real live liturgy, darnit. I checked the website of the other Lutheran church in the city, and they also had their Sunday school program today in place of the regular liturgy.

I've never thought of myself as particularly high church, but I really don't like it when a full Eucharistic liturgy is replaced with something else on a Sunday. My church only does it a few times a year (third sunday of Advent, the Sunday between Christmas and New Years, and occassionally the last service of the summer, when the church ladies lead the service - that depends, though on whether the female fill-in pastor is availabel that weekend or not). I usually try to make it to one of the Episcopal churches on those Sundays (they all have evening services), but my digestive system has decided to go a little nuts today, and I decided it would be better for all involved if I stayed home and mainlined Immodium.

I suppose that's too much information, huh?

No comments: