Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sigh

Boss Lady announced her resignation today. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

On the one hand...well, I don't have any hands to count on yet. I'm still in shock.

I suppose I saw something like this coming. She has had a ton of stuff fall upon her shoulders over the course of time, so much so that I don't know what the company is going to do without her. She has been stressed, and she has seemed less than happy over the past month or so. But at the same time, I didn't think she would ever leave this company. She was there in the dark times, and saw the company built up to where it is now. She was always the most passionate person I knew in the company.

Selfishly, I wonder what is going to happen to me now. I know that my major project is being moved to regional people, but I have no idea what is coming next. I really don't have the energy for a job hunt right now, but if I get stuck in the wonderful world of admin work again, I may need to change my perspective on that. I'm pretty sure that one of the vendors I work with closely would offer me a job in a heartbeat if worse came to worse.

Of course, I won't know anything until the big boss talks with us individually next week. I may be worrying for nothing, or I may be out of a job. Yeah, prolonging the agonly for someone with an anxiety disorder is always a good thing.

Sigh.

No comments: