Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Here I Am Again

I suppose it's rather telling that I have slept better the past two nights than I have in the past several weeks. I'm not nearly as stressed as I probably should be. It's amazing what not having to wonder what is going on "behind the scenes" can do for you.

I have an interview on Tuesday. It's for a software company that provides home health software. It's a training position, which I know is one of my strengths, so I think I should do fairly well with it.

My only fear is that Boss Lady will end up working there as well. She has been very secretive about what she plans to do, but I did learn from a coworker that she has been offered several positions, apparently one with a software company. It would figure that that would mess this up for me.

Sigh. If I could afford it, I'd go see my therapist for a "tune-up" visit. I'm finding myself falling into the faulty thinking that failure is my destiny. At least I know it is faulty thinking.

Oh, and on a totally unrelated note, I hate, hate, hate the new Gas-X commercial. No one would ever describe sales as "flatulent," nor would they ever say that their company wouldn't "pass the gas" with Wall Street. Whoever wrote that script should be taken out back and shot. I'm just saying.

Anyway, there is a small, local paper near here that is hiring an entry level reporter. I'm half tempted to send my resume. I'm a little old to be a cub reporter, though. What do you think? Should I do it? It might be fun to write the police blotter for a small town. Who knows? I may even end up on Jay Leno.

No comments: