Friday, June 23, 2006

Lots O' Stuff

I had an awesome and incredible job interview today, and if the position is offered to me, I can't accept it.

The interview was at this school, and it seems like it would be the perfect place for me. It's very casual, the kids don't keep locks on their lockers, the headmaster's cat wanders the campus freely, and creative expression is encouraged. They actually encourage their students to think independently - what a concept! And, they keep the tuition affordable for a private school in this area.

The only problem is that tht leads to low salaries and no benefits. A full-time teacher makes about $10,000 a year. I may not need many amenities, but I can't make it on that. If I knew for sure that I could get a part-time evening and/or weekend job, or if I knew I could pick up more tutoring gigs, or if I knew I could get some more freelancing, I'd take it in a heartbeat. But I just can't bring myself to do it. Sigh.

No more prospects right now. The place I interviewed with Tuesday night told me I was overqualified for the trainer position, but they tested me for other positions in the company. The only problem is that they don't anticipate getting back to me until the week of the 10th. I really would like to be working by then, or else I'm in pretty big trouble.

Oh, and my insurance expires next week. Yippee. Haven't heard from the dermatologist with the biopsy results yet. Hopefully I'll hear Monday. Worst case scenario, I incur the medical bills and declare bankruptcy, I guess. I hate the idea of doing that, but the way the system is right now, I don't have a choice.

My First Mammogram (tm) was just fine. Uncomfortable, but not painful. I still have cramps from the other part of the woman's healthcare adventure, though. I always did get cramps after, but these are worse than usual. Sigh.

This was the first time I had a male doctor for that particular exam. He was nice, but a little too...sweet. He's from New Orleans, though, and that is just their manner. I guess I can live with that once a year.

I wrote another scene in the Great American Novel. It's when Ella is first shown Uncle Betty's house. I like it. Now if only I could get the beginning written in a way I can live with...

Oh well. Guess I'll go back to writing and e-mailing cover letters and resumes for jobs I don't really want. If one more person tells me I'm overqualified, though, I may scream.

No comments: