Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sunday

Aren't you glad to see I know my days of the week?

So I didn't make it to church again today. I got to the building about 5 minutes late. Now, realistically, this is the deep south, where 5 minutes late is right on time. But, I also belong to a congregation that contains just about every German in Baton Rouge, so, really, 5 minutes late is actually more like 3 minutes late. Does any of that make any sense?

Anyway, had I gone in, I probably wouldn't have missed any of the service. I would have missed announcements and maybe the beginning of the prelude, but not the confession and absolution.

But I have an almost pathological fear of arriving at church late. I don't know where that came from, other than the fact that my dad was very, very German, and believed that 10 minutes early was really late. I've adapted to the southern point of view on time pretty well, but I can't adapt as far as church goes.

So, to my pastor, if you happen across my blog, how about changing the service time to 11:15? I'll make it every week (unless I'm stuck at work).

In other Sunday news, I just had the best dinner. I bought some mahi mahi (fresh frozen - $6.99 for two - six ounce filets) at Whole Foods yesterday, in my attempt to get over my fear of cooking fish. Then I bought some panko bread crumbs (they are bigger and crunchier than regular bread crumbs). I mixed the bread crumbs, a little salt, and a little bit of Tony's (that would be Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. If your grocery store doesn't carry it, ask them to), dipped the fish in milk, and coated it in bread crumbs. Then I drizzled a little bit of butter over the filets. It was heaven paired with a Cesar salad, and finished with Ben and Jerry's Cinnamon Bun ice cream. Wonderful - and I have leftovers for tomorrow.

And I have tomorrow off. I'm pretty well caught up on work, until my proposal sections come in on Tuesday. I'm going to go get my money refunded from the mechanic who overcharged my for my starter, get my alignment checked, and come home and do laundry. Have a lovely evening.

No comments: