Sunday, November 11, 2007

OK

I've said before that I'm no big fan of the military as an institution. I also said that I support and admire the men and women who choose to serve. Both are true.

But I have to tell you, every time I see a story about that charity that is endeavoring to make sure that every living World War II veteran who is alive gets to Washington DC to see the World War II memorial, I cry like a baby.

I'm watching on a local program on our PBS station as they are talking about it and interviewing these men. It just moves me beyond belief. They even have a Buffalo Soldier on (the troops were still mostly segregated in WWII).

Their stories are incredible and powerful.

I think that that charity may be getting one of my Christmas contributions this year.

By the way, I have some more thoughts on homeschooling, but they are currently saved on my work computer. I'll shre tomorrow.

No comments: