Sunday, November 04, 2007

So, here are some things I've been thinking about. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I've enjoyed thinking them. Though, unless your mind works the same way as mine, you probably won't

Even though there are only two ELCA churches in Baton Rouge (and the next
closest in either direction is about 50 miles), I think they should get together
and have evening services once or twice a month. That way, I'd still have a
chance to make it to church on weekends when I have to work. The problem isn't
that I have to be at work before 11, the problem is that if I'm working Sunday,
it usually means I worked Saturday too - and probably put in overtime during the
week - and I'm too tired to get up that early on Sunday. Plus, I really like
evening worship. There is something intimate and spriritual about it that
morning worship can't compare with - even when every service is intimate (I
think the most people I have ever seen in my church at once has been about
150).

I really would like to start some kind of regular spiritual/prayer practice, but I have no idea what I should do. I need something more flexible than the daily office (If you are familiar with Myers-Briggs, I am most definitely a P), but something with some kind consistency and, preferably, intellectual challenge. Any suggestions?

I get blood drawn tomorrow. I guess I'll find out for sure if my thyroid is
why I've been so freaking tired the past few weeks. I really hope that's the
reason.

The carpet cleaner is coming is Tuesday. That doesn't make me happy. I
don't feel like trying to move my boxes and stuff off the floor so he can some
in for 10 minutes and run the thingy over the carpets. And why are they
bothering to do this for a building that won't be here this time next year? They
can't fix my air conditioner but they can clean the carpets?

I need to do laundry, but I don't have the money until Thursday. That's another
reason I don't want the carpet cleaners to come.


My first day of silence at work was pretty miserable. I think I said about
30 words all day. I don't know if I can do that forever.

I'm getting my other ball joint replaced this week. I'm excited.

I think I'm going to work on tagging all my past entries this month. Although,
as a P, that seems like an awful lot of structure....Hmm. I'll have to
think about that.


The brown shaggy cat has decided that it belongs to me. And I think that it
has managed to put some kind of tracking device on me. Lately, it has been
meeting me at the garbage can about five apartments away from mine. I can't
figure out how it knows I'm coming home. It really needs to learn not to stop
right in front of me, though, or to walk between my legs. I keep kicking it by
accident.

There is another cat that has been hanging around. It sometimes scares away
one of the two original cats and takes their food. I feel bad, but I won't
put out more than two containers of food for cats that don't even belong to me.
And I still don't know why I am feeding them at all, except for the fact that
I'm afraid they won't like me anymore if I stop. Yes, I am slightly insane, why
do you ask?


Speaking of which, I've been able to feel a lot of anxiety and a little
depression creeping in lately. I don't want to go on drugs again, even though
they worked. I always felt a little...muffled when I took them. Plus, they are
expensive.

There is a woman on Shark right now who is playing a lawyer. She
looks a little familiar and sounds really familiar. I wish I could remember what
else she was in.

I'm so glad The Amazing Race is back on. Now I can go back to watching Globe Trekker on PBS at 6, and TAR at 7 (or whenever it comes
on after football and News for Old People).


How come labs on TV can analyze DNA in a few hours, but it takes several
weeks in real life?

Woolite Spot Cleaner for Carpets with Oxy stuff in it works really well.
Yes, I am cleaning my carpets before the carpet guy comes. Why do you ask?

I think I have said enough for today. Have a lovely evening.

No comments: