Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Confession

So my friend J, the one I wrote about yesterday?  She is also having a baby.  Sigh.  She's really upset that her mother most likely isn't going to make it to see her child.  I'm still working on processing that, though, so I'm not writing about that.
 
Instead, I am going to admit to how incredibly selfish I am.  I'm planning a really good baby gift for J and her husband because they have been really good to me, and I want them to know that I appreciate it.  Besides, I know J isn't going to feel like or have time for a lot of detail kind of stuff given everything going on with her mom.
 
Well, I have part of the gift planned.  I found this really cute and easy pattern for fleece baby blankets on the internet, and there is also a pattern for a little patchwork doggy.  I figured I'd make three blankets that are receiving blanket size (because you can never have too many of them, even in Louisiana), and I'd use the same fabric to make the dog.  Well, in looking for fabrics, I keep getting drawn to Classic Pooh stuff, because if I ever had a baby (which will never happen, I'm afraid), I would decorate the nursery in Classic Pooh.  I love Pooh.  Always have, and probably always will. 
 
But it occurred to me that they may not be into the whole Pooh thing.  Who am I to determine what they'd like?  But at the same time, I need to start now if I am making stuff by hand.  But do I have the right to determine what they want?
 
ARGH! 
 
And how trivial can you get, in the grand scheme of things?

No comments: