Saturday, October 20, 2007

So, let's take a little trip inside my psyche.

Yesterday I was driving home from work. I had decided to order pizza because it was getting close to time for my new TV obsession (that would be Friday Night Lights, for those of you who are behind the curve). As I was getting close to home, I was fretting because if I got pizza I wouldn't have any food to give the cats who live on my patio and keep trying to get into my apartment. The students who usually feed them are on break, and I was worried about them (yes, even though they are mostly feral and are perfectly capable of hunting lizards, frogs, and birds - the evidence of which I have found on my slab on more than one occasion). I though about stopping at CVS or Winn-Dixie to get them food, but then I used the feral argument on myself, which made sense.

But then I said to myself, "If I stop giving them food, they won't like me anymore."

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I am in a codependent relationship with a couple of stray cats.

I really, really need to get a social life.

No comments: