Thursday, October 25, 2007

So guess what I'm doing next Tuesday night? Give up? I'm going here.

This is a place that basically does all the prep work of cooking for you - all the chopping, cutting, and other things I am afraid to do because sharp objects and me do not mix. You just go, assemble the meals in pans or plastic storage bags, take them home and stick them in the freezer, then thaw and cook as appropriate.

They've been around here for over a year, and I've always wanted to try it, but until recently they didn't offer an option for singles/couples. For 12 meals for 2, in other words, 24 meals for one, it costs $119, including tax. I know this is less than I spend on convenience foods every pay check. It comes out to about $5 a meal. Very worth it for me.

I'll let you know how things go.

No comments: