Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So I did The Supper Studio thing tonight. It was OK. It would have been better in a group of friends, I think, rather than going solo. Also, I wish they had provided the proper measures for me. I was doing the half plan, which meant that everything had to be halved. Which meant I had to do math, then estimate measurements. That made it harder and less fun. Also, because I was there essentially alone (there was a couple there, but since they could each work on a meal, they were done in half the time), I just worked straight on through. I was on my feet and going back and forth for an hour and 15 minutes. I could have used a five minute break.

Oh, and they got the recipie wrong (just like I spelled that word that means the formula for a food concoction wrong) for Cincinnati Chili. They included beans, and way, way too much spice. Cajuns need to stop trying to southify northern dishes. I left the beans behind, personally.

Other than that, though, it was interesting. I didn't make any of the dishes tonight (I was exhausted after I got done, so I went to Sonic and got a cheeseburger and a cranberry slush - why hasn't anyone though of turning cranberry juice into a slush before this? It's divine!). Tomorrow, I'm making the tilapia with lemon and bacon. I'll let you know how it tastes.

Two more days until NaBloPoMo. You still have time to get in on the fun. Just click on the icon on my side bar. You don't have to write long posts (some of my from last year were only two lines), and you don't even have to post words - pictures work, too. You just have to post at least once a day, every day in November. It's a lot of fun, and a whole lot less painful than that other November thing. I double-dare you!

No comments: