Friday, September 05, 2008

I know I said I'd write more when I'm settled here in Alabama. I will do that.

I want everyone to know, though, that Louisiana is still receiving damage now, even though the rains and winds have passed. There is one neighborhood that started flooding today, when debris blocked a drainage ditch for a creek that flows from the Comite River. Ironically, the creek's name is Hurricane Creek. 100 families have anywhere from 3-8 feet of water in their homes.

Despite what it seems from the national media, Louisiana is really in bad, bad shape. And I'm talking about the whole state. The northern parishes didn't have much wind damage, but the got absolutely dumped on with rain, and hundreds upon hundreds of homes flooded. I was going to say nice things some of the government entities responding to this thing (even the one that starts with an F and ends with an A), but I changed my mind.

I will say, however, that Bobby Jindal, is doing a heck of a job (sorry - I just realized that echoed GWB from three years ago, but I mean it sincerely). It pains me to say that, because he is a Republican. Pay attention to him, because you are looking at your Republican nominee for president in either four or eight years. And, even though it pains me to say it, I will probably vote for him.

No comments: