Friday, February 08, 2008

Starting next week, I'm going to try to go to the farmer's market downtown every Saturday. I always want to go, but I never get up early enough. Plus, I'm not 100% sure where exactly it is.
 
But tomorrow, I'm going to vote in Louisiana's Presidential Primary. I know who I am voting for (or, rather, who I am voting against). I wasn't going to share, but I've decided to do so just now.
 
I'm voting for Barak Obama.
 
The feminist in me does feel a teency, tiny bit guilty about not voting for Sen. Clinton, but I honestly don't believe she is the best choice. Her experience as a first lady not withstanding, she really doesn't have more experience than Obama, and frankly, Obama's message matches what I want in a President more than hers does.
 
Besides, I have never voted for a woman just because she was a woman in the past, and I don't plan to start now. Of course, if Clinton does end up with the nomination, I will vote for her in the fall. John McCain scares me, and I have a feeling that he will choose Mike Huckabee as his running mate, and that scares me more.

No comments: