Thursday, February 07, 2008

I've written before about my frustrations with the immature writing styles of fan fiction writers (shut up, all you judgmental people - it's my personal guilty pleasure). I just realized that there is something else that annoys me that pops up in every frickin' fic I read.

The characters never want to get out of bed in the morning, but they are forced to by "an urgent pressure in his/her bladder" or something along those lines. Geez. How pretentious can you be? I don't think even the most sophisticated, educated person wakes up in the morning and says, "My word, I would love to lollygag in my exceedingly warm and comfortable bed all day, but this urgent pressure in my bladder has other plans." No human being is that coherent in the morning. What real people think is, "Crap. I'm still tired and I'm warm, but I gotta pee."

I'm just saying.

No comments: