Friday, February 08, 2008

OK. Here is my bit of weirdness for the day.

I stumbled upon the blog of the the sister of a kid I went to elementary school with (his sister is...three or four years younger than us). Now this kid, I'll call him...Kid, was my biggest rival, my sworn enemy, by best friend, and my secret crush all rolled into one. In short, we drove each other crazy, but at the same time, we were the only people in my school who got each other. See, we were the two outcasts in my class. He was skinny, scary smart, brilliant with math, into computers, and incredibly awkward. I was heavy, scary smart, good at everything but math, into computers, and incredibly awkward. We drove each other crazy all through 8th grade with the word searches we had to make with our spelling words. We'd make them incredibly tiny, or in code, or use symbols instead of letters. And yes, I did have a crush on him when I wasn't plotting his violent death.

Anyway, his sister posted pictures of their family Christmas on her blog, and I discovered that Kid married someone who looks an awful lot like me. I mean, an awful lot. Same hair color, same eye color, same build, even the same hairstyle I had the last time he would have seen me.

That freaked me out a little bit. OK, a lot.

No comments: