Monday, August 20, 2007

OK, Blogosphere. It's time for another round of Run Sheryl's Life.

Here is the situation. My car is broken (watch for the post about the whole, sad affair later). It will cost about $700 to fix. It is 10 years old and has 152,000 miles on it. The Blue Book Value is $852.

I got in touch with a car dealership, and they were apparently able to work out financing for me. I don't know the details yet, but I do know what payment I can afford easily, and I know how much my insurance would go up buying full-coverage insurance. I can afford a note, but it scares me nonetheless, and my world will be considerably less comfortable, especially if I need to find a new apartment in December (because my rent will increase by about $150 a month for any place that isn't scary).

So, what should I do? Should I repair the car (keeping in mind that I may need to get another, similar repair relatively soon)? Should I wait to make a decision after I talk to the dealer? Should I just give up and to figure out the insane public transportation in Baton Rouge?

It's times like this that I wish my dad were still around.

No comments: