Sunday, June 24, 2007

So I'm sitting here in a McDonald's parking lot in Erie listening to seagulls. No wireless connection at the Motel 6.


I had forgotten how similar Erie and Baton Rouge are. I knew it on one level - both college towns, both with water as a major feature, both outgrew their infrastructure before they were ready.


But the feel of the two cities is really similar. Baton Rouge is a little bigger, and a lot warmer, but similar nonetheless.


When I get home tomorrow (or more likely on Tuesday) I'll have a longer entry about this whole experience. For now, I leave you with a picture of a Lake Erie sunset. I took about 75 of them last night, so I might as well share one...


1 comment:

Amy said...

There is nothing quite like an Erie sunset, Sheryl--thanks for sharing. i wish I could have stayed long enough to watch one tonight...but then I'd barely be getting home now, let alone be heading to bed. It was good to see you--traveling mercies, friend, and I look forward to reading your further reflections on your trip north.