Monday, December 25, 2006

Heaux, Heaux, Heaux

That's what Santa says in South Louisiana.

I slept in until almost 1 today because I couldn't sleep last night. Santa never showed, though, so I guess it's true he only comes when you are asleep.

Anyway, went to church last night. It was good. My pastor always does a fantastic job of preaching on Christmas. I sat in front of a homeless guy and behind a gay couple. One of the lectors was African-American, and a couple who just adopted a baby from China were there. I love my congregation.

You know, even though this is my 11th Christmas without my parents, it's still hard. Even though I put a brave face on it for the world, I hate being alone at Christmas. But I hate being with other people's families, too. I always feel like I'm on the outside looking in, or like I'm intruding. I hate that. Sigh.

I bought a chicken to make today, but I think I might go to the Chinese buffet instead. Last year they weren't open.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful Christmas.

1 comment:

tomzgrrl said...

Sheryl,

I hope that you have a Merry Christmas -- despite missing your parents. If the buffet was open, I sure hope you sang the Fa La La like The Christmas Story movie.

Thinking of you and wishing you well.