Monday, June 13, 2005

Send in the Clowns...

We had clowns at church yesterday, leading the worship. I don't know what I think about that. On the one hand, the kids loved it, the old folks loved it (which surprised me), and it was a great kick-off to VBS, "Davey and Goliath's Circus Something-or-Other." On the other hand, it was clowns, and clowns are...well...kind of freaky. I'm not one of those people who are afraid of them, but they do make me uncomfortable and self-conscious for some reason. And that isn't necessarily something I want to feel in the course of worship.

Maybe I'm becoming an old fuddy-duddy as I approach middle age. Of course, it was the childless young adults who were most freaked by the proceedings yesterday, so maybe it means I'm still a young adult at heart.

Or maybe clowns really are just creepy.

No comments: