Tuesday, June 07, 2005

If You Want My Body, and You Think I'm Sexy...

...sorry, I'm too tired.

I haven't been sleeping well of late. I have trouble falling asleep, then I wake up at 5 a.m., sometimes with a nightmare. Haven't had one of those in years until recently. Bad dreams, sure, but not heart pounding, heavy breathing type nightmares.

Work is incredibly stressful right now, which probably has something to do with it. This project may be the death of me. I'm learning a lot, but it's a lot of tedious work, and I hate tedious work (like making binder after binder after binder - I may never touch another binder again after this). Not to mention the long hours, and being salaried non-exempt, the long hours aren't worth it. I looked up on the Department of Labor's website to see how they calculate overtime for employees in that class. They divide the salary for that period by the total hours worked to get the hourly rate for that period. Then for the overtime hours, they divide that rate by .5. As an example, lets say I made...$1000 a week (I wish!). And lets say I worked...50 hours that week. That's $20 an hour. So then for the 10 hours I worked over 40, they pay me $10 an hour. That stinks. Last pay period I worked 18 hours over, and my hourly rate for those hours came out to be just a little over $4. So not worth the effort.

Then Annoying Co-Worker seems to have made it her personal mission in life to drive me to commit homicide. Or perhaps it's just her passive-aggressive way of committing suicide. Either way, she's driving me crazy. She seems bound and determined to convince me that she is a better person than me by giving me all kinds of menial tasks, but doing it with a spoonful of sugar and asking instead of telling. But, as the saying goes, I wasn't born yesterday. I know what she is doing, and I don't like it at all.

I have more to say than just complaints. Really, I do. But I'm just too tired to write more (and I have about three more hours at work tonight to go). While you are waiting for me to be inspired, go read this guy's most recent sermon (it's the first or second entry on the page). He's a seminarian, and I think he'll make a great pastor someday.

No comments: