Thursday, June 16, 2005

Just a Meme...

Saw this on Mark's blog and it looked like fun, so...


  • My uncle once: bought me a typewriter so I would pass high school chemistry.
  • Never in my life: have I been outside the US.
  • High school was: largely a miserable experience until senior year.
  • I will never forget: the last 8th grade class I taught.
  • I once met: Nick Saban? He went to my former church.
  • Once at a bar: I saw some guy perform who was a cross between and Elvis impersonator and Rip Taylor. He was locally famous around Pittsburgh.
  • By noon I'm usually: hearing about a new project I have to do.
  • Last night: I had kippers for dinner. Yum!
  • If only I had: about six extra hours in a day, I'd finally finish the great American novel.
  • Next time I go to church: will be Sunday (boring, I know).
  • When I turn my head left: I see the rocking chair my mom and dad rocked me to sleep in.
  • When I turn my head right: I see my front wall (which is just two floor to ceiling windows and a sliding glass door).
  • You know when I'm lying when: I stutter.
  • Every day I think about: the fact that I've been out of college for 11 years and I still owe almost $30,000 in student loans.
  • By this time next year: I will have a higher level job in my current company.
  • I have a hard time understanding: how people who spew messages of hate can claim to speak in the name of God.
  • If I ever go back to school I'll: either be doing something job -related or starting an MFA in creative writing.
  • You know I like you when: I'm comfortable enough to joke around you.
  • If I won an award the first person I'd thank is: my mom and dad, followed by my high school biology teacher, who was hands down the best teacher I ever had.
  • My ideal breakfast is: cinnamon roll Pop-Tarts.
  • A song I love, but do not have is: pretty much every song I love. The church I used to work for stole most of my CDs, and I just haven't gotten aournd to replacing them.
  • If you visit my hometown, I suggest: going to the museums in Oakland. Beyond that, bring a good book - Pittsburgh isn't that thrilling.
  • Why won't anyone: in Baton Rouge ever use turn signals?
  • If you spend the night at my house: I'll take the couch - you get stuck with my lumpy mattress.
  • I'd stop my wedding for: nothing, on the off chance I ever marry.
  • The world could do without: religious extremism, intolerance, and blue food.
  • I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: sit through a Bill Cosby movie.
  • Paper clips are more useful than: anything else human kind has ever invented - except for duct tape.
  • If I do anything well: I most likely wouldn't even realize it.
  • And by the way: I once ran myself over with a 15 passenger van.

No comments: