Sunday, September 02, 2007

So, I never quite made it out of my jammies today. Yes, that means I missed church again. I couldn't sleep last night, so when I finally got to sleep, I slept until 1. On the plus side, I did about $20 worth of laundry last night. That isn't as impressive as it sounds. Our washers are small, and cost $1.25 for a wash. The dryers are $1.25 as well, and one of them didn't work. I can't figure it out. The laundry I put in there wasn't heavy, and it was warm when I went to take it out, but it was still soaking wet. I also put quarters in a dryer that had no clothes in it, instead of the one I put my clothes in, and didn't discover it until I went to get the clothes out of the dryer.

You know what I wish? I wish my church had some kind of adult education thing that wasn't on Sunday morning. The adult forum on Sundays is really, really bland, and full of old people. I would volunteer to lead something ('cause I kind of miss being involved in ministry, too), but I'm still a little gunshy first of all, and second, I'm afraid I'm not knowledgeable enough in my new denomination. Yes, I know I am being stupid. Nevertheless, I'm still scared.

Oh, and I'm looking for something to enhance my own prayer life, which is kind of stagnant right now. I'd like something that involves Scripture, but not the liturgy of the hours. I've never been able to handle that. Any suggestions?

Last thing. I've been thinking for awhile about volunteering with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates). Basically, CASA volunteers stand up for children in the child welfare system, advocating for stable placement, educational resources, etc. I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I'm always afraid it will interfere with work. I think my current job may be flexible enough to allow for it, but I guess I should talk with my boss before I find out more.

All right. I'm going back to some sewing. I have to labor tomorrow on Labor Day, but only for a few hours. Those of you who have the day off, enjoy.

No comments: