Thursday, March 29, 2007

Retraction

My apologies to LeBron James. TG informs me he does in fact have a child, with one on the way.

But he still doesn't need a house that is 78 times larger than my apartment (which means it is the size of my entire building, minus one floor).

Oh, and the NBA should not give teenagers multi-million dollar contracts. Heck, I would have trouble managing that, and I'm in my 30's. I can't even imagine the mess I would have made and the trouble I would have gotten into at 19.

And the NBA needs to stop treating the colleges as a minor-league system. Kids go to college for one or two years, leave with the minimum number of credits they can, and make millions of dollars with no ability to manage it. Meanwhile, they are taking up scholarship money that should be used by students who are actually interested in getting an education.

I'm sorry. I really, really hate the NBA. And the NBA is making me hate college basketball, too.

Not that the NFL is all that much better, but at least there aren't many football players who start as freshmen.

Give me hockey and baseball. With well-developed minor league systems, kids who really don't want to go to college and just want to play ball do just that. The ones who opt for college are actually interested in being there.

1 comment:

Tim said...

I didn't buy into the whole LeBron James hype when they got him. He's a great player, and he's from the area -which is good, but there are other talented players on the team who DON'T try to be a one-man show, so he's not the only reason they're winning.
And he's spoiled... his mother bought him a $50,000 Hummer when he was still in high school, so it's not like he struggled and fought to get where he is, he just has a talent that he capitalized on.
I agree... no one his age needs a house like that, or should make what he makes.