Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Misc.

While I recover from my post-Easter malaise (long story), I thought I'd leave you with some deep thoughts and good reads.

  • When I turn 35 next month, I'm going to officially announce my candidacy for President of the United States in 2008. I'm going to run as an independent, and my platform is going to be, "If it makes sense, do it." Just thought you should know.
  • Go read my friend TG. She is a wonderful writer who makes me cry in a good way.
  • While you are at it, take a look at Amy, too. She and some of her colleagues just wrote a devotional that I think is really groovy.
  • Yes, I will add them to my sidebar someday.
  • How is it that Paris Hilton can "write" a book that can wind up on the bestseller list, when so many people with actual talent can't even get an agent to glance at their work?
  • My desk frightens me. I think it may collapse under the weight of the paper currently piled on it. Either that, or I may be buried in an avalanche of epic proportions.
  • And just to toot my own horn (or actually, the horn of modern medicine), yesterday I wore a pair of pants that I haven't worn since I bought them because they didn't fit. They fit absolutely perfectly yesteday, and in fact were almost too big. Amazing what having a functioning thyroid can do.
  • I think programmers speak a foreign language, because they don't seem to understand plain English.
  • Read this guy too. He makes me laugh, even if I don't have kids.

That's all for now. I'll shake of my apathy eventually and join the blogging elite again sometime down the road...

No comments: