Monday, October 24, 2005

Sob

I was just in an accident on the way home. An accident that can be directly attributed to the increased traffic in Baton Rouge.

The traffic at my usual exit was backed all the way onto the interstate. I didn't want to sit in that, so I decided to switch lanes. The next exit would get me home just as effectively and much quicker. So as I was trying to switch lanes, the traffic in front of me stopped more abruptly than I anticipated. I hit the left bumper of the car in front of me with my right front bumper. He was in an SUV, so naturally there was almost no damage.

I, on the other hand, in my little compact car, have an accordianed hood, broken headlight, and probably some other stuff. The car is drivable, but I don't know how safe it is.

His car was of course owned by a company, so of course if my insurance doesn't cover all the damages I'm on the hook for whatever remains. Not to mention the damage to my own car.

I'm OK. I'm shaking, but I'm ok. Though my stomach hurts, and I'm feeling a little sore now.

I hate my life, and I hate Baton Rouge.

No comments: