Wednesday, September 21, 2005

This Is the Song that Never Ends...

...yes it goes on and on my friends...

Sometimes Shari Lewis and friends just sum up how you're feeling better than you can.

So, Rita is approaching Texas. Wonder where all those folks are going to go? Of course, Texas is a lot bigger than Louisiana, and there are counties in West Texas that have almost no people in them (the smallest county in Texas had a population of 34 in 2000. Yeah, I spent way too much time with demographics this past year). They can stick people over there.

The cynic in me has noticed that the federal government has already sent aid and has more poised to go to Texas. Is it coincidence that it's the president's home state? Hmm...

Well, I do have more to say, but I'm just so tired. I think I'm just emotionally drained, but I may be coming down with something, too. Everyone in the office has been sick, and the girl the cubicle next to mine has walking pneumonia.

My boss and my other co-worker are out of town teaching a class. I'm all alone in the office, and I get to deal with all the stuff my boss's boss usually bugs her about. I think I have a sick day coming on next week sometime.

Until my muse returns (which will hopefully be before November 1. Yeah, I'm doing NaNo again)...

No comments: