Saturday, April 12, 2008

So I got my rejection letter for financing from my own bank today. Know why I was turned down?
 
Because I don't have a mortgage.
 
My own bank, with whom I have had an account for nearly six years, with whom I have a money market account and a credit card that I use responsibly, won't finance me to buy a car because I don't have a mortgage.
 
Because I was responsible enough to realize back when people were giving away mortages like candy that getting an adjustable rate mortgage on a house I couldn't really afford was a stupid idea, I'm being penalized by my own freaking bank.
 
Despite the fact that I have lived in the same place for the last six years and I have paid my rent consistently and responsibly instead of defaulting on a mortgage, I can't get financed for a car.
 
Stupid banking industry.

No comments: