Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Love Life Update

I know y’all are just dying to hear about how the eharmony thing is going.  At least you are if you are anything like my coworkers.  The whole office is obsessed with my love life now, as are their spouses.  Apparently, they are all proud of me for taking this chance.

Well, I’m currently in conversation with five different guys.  The conversations are at various stages.  I like eharmony because everything is anonymous until you are ready for it not to be.  For example, when you reach the “open communication” stage, the initial e-mails are exchanged through the eharmony website.  Your e-mail address isn’t released until you are ready for it to be released.  

I really don’t know how this all will turn out, but I’m having a lot of fun right now.  I’m also kind of scared of that “open communication” step.  It’s been quite a while since I have been in a relationship (like, several years), and I have never been in a really serious relationship.  I’m also afraid of what will happen if things develop to that serious point.  I’ve lived on my own for the past 11, almost 12 years.  I don’t know if I can live with another person.  And what if he as kids?  Am I ready to be a ready-made mom?

I suppose we’ll find out soon.

No comments: